Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mm'Brow?


Hi everyone! I have not posted in so long, it's rather embarassing..
I found a new book review website that is mostly for Young Adult titles, and well, the author of that blog has invited me to be a guest reviewer and poster! I'm so excited! Well sort of, lets see if I can keep up with the demands of guest reviewing and posting when I let my own blog go for so long! Hufff!

In the mean time, I must tell you of the latest books I have read and enjoyed!

So, the first book I recommend is  Yoko's Show and Tell by Rosemary Wells.

Yoko's Show-and-Tell    The latest Yoko book, it is the story is of the cute little kindergarten kitten, Yoko and a special antique doll sent to her by her Grandparents in Japan. Yoko wants to bring her doll for Show and Tell and talk about Girl's day in Japan. Her mother tells her 'No' ...  then stuff happens when Yoko decides to sneak her little doll to school against her mother's wishes. Uh oh! It is adorably illustrated, as are all of Ms. Wells' books, and the story is not only a cautionary tale, but one of unconditional love, and redemption! All this in a child's picture book!


A truly touching story that brought tears to my eyes, is the book 14 Cows for America, by Carmen Agra Deedy. Published by Peachtree in 2009, this is the story about Maasai Tribal members in Kenya, who after they hear the story of the attacks in New York City on 9/11, present a herd of 14 sacred cows to help in America's healing... what a sweet sweet story! Sigh, it made my heart melt. There is a website also  http://www.14cowsforamerica.com/ 
The Maasai are truly our allies.

14 Cows for America

I love this book, you will too.

Mrroww for now!

~ Kiki C.




No comments:

Post a Comment