Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Greek Heroes from Rick Riordan

One of my favorite authors, Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, has finished the first book in his new series called The Heroes of Olympus. The book is called
The Lost Hero
The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero  Actually this book isn't available until this Tuesday, October 12th. So I haven't read it, but, I have read the first chapter and now can't wait to finish it! 


Also by Rick Riordan if you haven't seen this one yet, The Red Pyramid. This is book one in another series - The Kane Chronicles, having to do with Egypt and Egyptology. One of my favorite subjects!

The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1)

If you haven't started the Red Pyramid yet, what are you waiting for?

Ok, before I go, two great picture books for little children,
Hondo and Fabian by Peter McCarty and  1000 Times NO by Tom Warburton 
How many ways can your toddler say NO!?


Hondo and Fabian (Caldecott Honor Book)1000 Times No

Both are very cute and great for storytimes! Also, Hondo and Fabian has a sequel called Fabian Escapes by Peter McCarty where Fabian the fat kitty, goes on an adventure outside! 
Fabian Escapes
Adorable illustrations by Peter McCarty, the pets are both so fat and cute! Sorta like me, but I'm not really fat, it's just my fluffy soft fur... 
..ahem..

sooo.. Mrroww for now!

Kiki C.






1 comment:

  1. The Lost Hero is a great book! It was lent to me by my cousin and I loved it. The problem is, I can't figure out how to borrow it again. It has already been returned and, even with internet, it don't show up so that you can request to borrow it. If anybody else has incountered this problem and has been lent a book again,after you had it before,please comment.

    ReplyDelete