Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reading my whiskers off!

Wow! I've been on a reading tear for the last week, I can't seem to put some of these books down!

My favorite this week is a children's book called WOOF: A Love Story, by Sarah Weeks.
It is the story of a dog and a cat who fall in love, even though they speak different languages! (Hmmm, that  sounds familiar, kinda like human men and women.. hmmm...) Anyway, it is adorable, check it out! The cat, like me, is very beautiful, and the book is written in rhyme, my favorite! Here is a picture of the cover...Woof: A Love Story 

Also, I suggest you read Tillie Lays an Egg by Terry Blonder Golson. This is a story, told in photographs, of a rebellious little hen who just does NOT want to lay her egg in the nesting boxes like the other hens! I can totally relate Tillie! I don't like to do what I'm told either! Or what's expected of me! Boring! So Tillie finds much more creative places to lay her eggs, and you get to find them! A very sweet book, and it made me hungry too...

Tillie Lays An Egg Here's Tillie, she's very pretty.

Next you'll want to read When Dinosaurs Came With Everything, by Elise Broach. Remember when you'd buy something and the store would hand out dishes? Or silverware, or cookware? Well, just imagine if every shop in town were handing out dinosaurs with every purchase! The little boy in this book is delighted at that prospect, and gets to bring home his dinosaurs; even though his mom is a bit worried! Not your typical "Boy and his Dog" story! But very cute indeed!
When Dinosaurs Came with Everything (Junior Library Guild Selection)

I have more books, and TV to review with Elle, but I need to go rest up for my power nap; I'll be back soon!

Mrrrow for now!

Kiki C.

No comments:

Post a Comment